Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners

Important Notes

Practice in Wyoming

  • No person may practice as a Dentist or Dental Hygienist in the State of Wyoming without first obtaining a license from the Board.

Applying for Licensure

  • The Board office will not communicate with any individual except for the applicant regarding the status of any application.
  • Hygienists must apply to perform the expanded functions listed in Chapter 7 of the Board's Rules.
  • The Board will NOT accept cash.

License Applications

Hygienist by Examination (New Graduate) - If a new graduate - not licensed anywhere yet.

Hygienist by Endorsement - If actively licensed in another state.

Hygienist by Endorsement w/ Temporary Educator's permit - If actively licensed in another state and requesting a temporary educator's permit to instruct at a dental hygiene school while full license approval is pending.

Non-Clinical Hygienist - Limited license for teaching, examining, consulting, reviewing, or engaging in administrative oversight

Volunteer's Certificate - If retired, a certificate for providing services to low-income, uninsured persons at nonprofit health care facilities