Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners

Important Notes

Practice in Wyoming

  • No person may practice as a Dentist or Dental Hygienist in the State of Wyoming without first obtaining a license from the Board.

  • No dental assistant may take and expose radiographs or place pit and fissure sealants without first obtaining a permit from the Board.

Applying for Licensure

  • The Board office will not communicate with any individual except for the applicant regarding the status of any application.

  • The Board will NOT accept cash.

  • Regardless of the date your license or permit is issued, all licenses and permits WILL expire December 31 of the year issued - even if it is issued December 30. Please plan accordingly.

Licensure Applications

Hygienist by Examination (New Graduate)

If a new graduate - not licensed anywhere yet.

Hygienist by Endorsement

If actively licensed in another state.

Hygienist by Endorsement w/ Temporary Educator License

If actively licensed in another state and requesting a temporary educator's permit to instruct at a dental hygiene school while full license approval is pending.

Non-Clinical Hygienist

Limited license for teaching, examining, consulting, reviewing, or engaging in administrative oversight

Volunteer's Certificate

If retired, a certificate for providing services to low-income, uninsured persons at nonprofit health care facilities