Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners
Practice in Wyoming
- No person may practice as a Dentist or Dental Hygienist in the State of Wyoming without first obtaining a license from the Board.
- No dental assistant may take and expose radiographs or place pit and fissure sealants without first obtaining a permit from the Board.
Applying for Licensure
- The Board office will not communicate with any individual except for the applicant regarding the status of any application.
- The Board will NOT accept cash.
- Regardless of the date your license or permit is issued, all licenses and permits WILL expire December 31 of the year issued - even if it is issued December 30. Please plan accordingly.
- The Board does not provide the education or training needed to obtain a radiograph permit. Many applicants confuse the Board with the Wyoming Dental Association who does provide radiograph training. Their contact is email@example.com. This is not the only training or education the Board accepts.
Hygienist Application Forms
Hygienist by Examination (New Graduate) - If a new graduate - not licensed anywhere yet.
Hygienist by Endorsement - If actively licensed in another state.
Hygienist by Endorsement w/ Temporary Educator License - If actively licensed in another state and requesting a temporary educator's permit to instruct at a dental hygiene school while full license approval is pending.
Non-Clinical Hygienist - Limited license for teaching, examining, consulting, reviewing, or engaging in administrative oversight
Volunteer's Certificate - If retired, a certificate for providing services to low-income, uninsured persons at nonprofit health care facilities