Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners

Dental Assistant Permits

Practice in Wyoming

  • No person may practice as a Dentist or Dental Hygienist in the State of Wyoming without first obtaining a license from the Board.

  • No dental assistant may take and expose radiographs or place pit and fissure sealants without first obtaining a permit from the Board.

Applying for a Permit

  • The Board office will only communicate with the applicant regarding the status of any application.

  • The Board will not accept cash, please do not mail or carry in cash payments.

  • The Board does NOT provide the education or training needed to obtain a radiograph permit. The Board Office will not recommend or tell you what training or exam you should take.

  • Many applicants confuse the Wyoming Board of Dental Examiners (WBDE, aka the Board, and the website you're on now) with the Wyoming Dental Association (WDA) who provides radiograph training. We are two separate entities. Please note, WDA is not the only training or education the Board accepts - please see the "Approved Courses" document below.

Application Processing

  • Once an application file is received and determined to be complete, review typically takes 1-3 weeks. This is a generalization and not a guarantee. Review time may vary due to the application type, current staff and/or review committee workload, if any discipline is disclosed, etc. All applications are processed as quickly as staff is able and each is processed in the order received.


Dental Assistant Permit Application Forms

Click a link below and print the form you need. These are not editable or fillable. You must open and print.

Dental Assistants do not need a Wyoming license to practice as a dental assistant in the state. However, they do require a permit to take x-rays and place pit and fissure sealants.

Radiograph Permit Application

Pit and Fissure Permit Application

Approved Courses

Other Forms

Click a link below and print the form you need. These are not editable or fillable. You must open and print.

Address / Name Change - To update your name or contact information with the Board Office

License Verification Request - To have your Wyoming license verified to other jurisdictions or entities

Replacement Documents Request - To request replacement pocket cards or wall certificate